Minutes of meeting in Tabor, Czech Republic
Carfree Indymedia Site
Minutes of meeting
25 May 2006
Proposal: Make use of the IndyMedia website.
- World Car Free - website with info
- Carbusters - selected news every three months
- Indymedia - provides frequently updated news
- Can act as a news portal for worldcarfree
- Will allow us to obtain more activists (indymedia is very popular
with activists - not be underestimated)
- Plenty of examples of how it works.
- Existing technology that we can leverage
- People are empowered to upload news articles themselves / open & free
- Provides a stream of info for future carbusters issues
- Helps streamline efficiency of Carbusters work, get relevant articles
- Multilingual support
- We have to apply to become an indymedia site
- Write to collective
- List of questions to be answered
- need to define an editorial policy
- Need to define editorial collective
- Need a computer programmer to design actual website
- Public Space
- Public Transport
- Carfree Development
- Transitions (eg Car sharing)
- Events / other
- Do we have to pay to host ourselves?
- Overlap of content with World Car Free website ??
- there is not really any news currently
- Who are the editors?
- What kind of news?
- could be anything, even local (at least the self-posted material
on the right column)
- main articles should maybe be more useful in the international sense.
- Concerned about the gap / gulf between the indymedia portal and the
wcn website, Indymedia is supposed to be independent?
- How are editors decided?
- Can we discuss articles?
- yes this is possible by using comments
- Topics may be hidden at bottom of lists
- Is Indy media happy with theme specific portals?? Is there a reason?
- this may be a new development for indymedia
- this is moderated by the editors , policy have to defined
People who are interested:
justin - email@example.com
Steve - firstname.lastname@example.org
Randy - email@example.com
george - gnstiff@HOTMAIL.COM
patrick - firstname.lastname@example.org
susa - email@example.com