World Carfree Network AGM 2009
Saturday 7 November 2009 - Prague, Czech Republic
Online discussions ongoing
For the first time we will have an online discussion forum to enable more members to get involved in our decision making. As part of our drive (excuse the pun) to make it easier for you to participate, we will be using an online forum to discuss four topics on the AGM agenda. Individual Members and representatives of Member Orgs can register for this and find instructions at http://agm2009.50.forumer.com/index.php.
By doing this, we avoid bombarding you with e-mails and you can make comments at any time. All will become clear once you have registered - this is new for us, so please be patient if there are technological or other glitches along the way. Please register (with your real & whole name in order to maintain a safe, simple and friendly working environment) on the AGM 2009 forum now.
1. Brief WCN overview: staff and core activities.
2. Review of the year: successes, membership, etc.
3. Introduction to facilitation and the decision-making process by facilitator Jason Kirkpatrick.
Read more about consensus here
4. Changes to Statutes:
Will be discussed in the AGM 2009 forum from 20 October
- Change in Steering Committee duties
- SC empowered to approve new member groups
- SC empowered to make changes in statutes in cases of undue harm to network if delayed
- Minor changes in membership issues - approval period and obligations of members
- Minor changes on Steering Committee composition and terms, plus size of Advisory Board
- Format of AGM and extraordinary AGM - who should be there, what procedures should be followed, and what decisions should be made
- Minor changes on the dissolution of the network to clarify wording
- (Mission statement and aims of the network to be discussed under strategic plan)
5. Discussion and approval of Strategic Plan:
Will also be discussed in the AGM 2009 forum from 6 October
- Aims of the network
- Strategic goals for 2010-2012
6. Project priorities for 2010.
Will also be discussed in the AGM 2009 forum from 27 October
8. Election of SC and AB members.
Will also be discussed in the AGM 2009 forum from 13 October
9. Any other business.
- If proposal to allow SC to deal with membership applications is not approved, new member group applications will have to be approved in this section.